Deciding the best way to sell structured settlement is a decision that only you can make. But if you have the right person helping you – if you have chosen a reputable, caring company – the entire process will be easier.
our job in this process is to think through your situation and ensure that you can afford to live life without your future payments, those you plan to sell. Then, choose the best factoring company to work with. The best way to sell a structured settlement is to remember a few of our Strategic Capital tips:
- Ask questions about the process: A caring company will be happy to answer all of your questions, wanting you to be informed and feel comfortable.
- Value customer service: Money matters, but you want to choose a company that makes you feel as though they are placing your needs before money.
- If it sounds too good to be true it probably is: Beware of hype and pressure from the larger factoring companies.
Remember that the goal of selling your settlement payments should be to improve your present without sacrificing your future – strive to make a decision that does both. To that end, remember these tips:
- Sell only the payments that you have to: Do not sell more payments than you need to; you can sell those later if necessary.
- Attorney Matt Bracy, a lawyer specializing in structured settlement and sales, said that you must be sure that you can live without your future payments, saying, “One thing that potential sellers of structured settlement payments should carefully consider is whether they depend on the payments being assigned. No one should sell payments that they need in order to make ends meet, or if they are needed for medical treatment or care.”
- Consult a financial advisor: Talk to a financial planner or trusted, knowledgeable advisor and get their input on this important decision.
- Build a budget to ensure that you manage your money well into the future.
Call Strategic Capital today, but in the meantime remember our tip.
In the end the decision to sell or not is up to you. And how you handle your money is up to you. Just remember to choose a good company, like Strategic Capital, to work with. Then, return information that we ask for quickly so that you can get your money fast.