We have a clear and straightforward process to ensure your transaction is smooth and trouble - free.
- Our expert client representative will talk with you to understand your current and future needs and tailor a plan specific to you and your needs.
- We send the contract documents to you.
- We encourage you to obtain legal advice before signing the contract.
- You need to sign and send the documents back to us with your backup paperwork.
- Then, we’ll send your documents to the attorney who will file with the court.
- We’ll get a hearing date and go to court and obtain approval for your transaction.
- After court approval, we’ll get a copy of your court order and make sure we have everything we need.
- Funding! We’ll send you cash for your settlement.
More about the Strategic Capital process:
Understanding Your Situation
We take the time to talk with you to understand your current situation. Then we help you explore other alternatives for raising the money you need as well as carefully explaining the consequences of selling your payments.
Review Current and Future Needs
We’ll talk about why you need the money now and what you might need in the future. We help you decide how to address your current need with your future financial security. Sometimes, you may not have to sell your payments or only sell some of them.
Quote and Present Value Calculation
Once you’ve made the decision to continue the process of selling your structured settlement, we start your file and ask for some information from you. Then, we calculate the value of the payments you’re selling and give you a quote.
Once you decide that you want to proceed, we will send you the documents that you need to sign. At this point we encourage you to have an independent attorney review the offer to make sure you’ve thought carefully about your decision. Once you’re satisfied, you send your signed paperwork back to us and we’ll handle the rest.
We’ll send the documents to the attorney handling the file and who will file the paperwork with the court. Then, we’ll receive a hearing date and have the court hearing. Once the file is approved and we receive a copy of the court order and insurance company acknowledgement, we’re ready to send your money!
Once we have all the paperwork taken care of, we send you cash for your settlement by wire transfer. After the court approval, we usually send your money within 72 hours after we receive a copy of the court order and acknowledgment letter from your insurance company.
We’ve been able to send clients their money in as little as 18 days. Of course each case is unique and the exact timing will depend on that. But, you can make a big difference in the time it takes by sending your information in quickly and completely possible.
- Seven Reasons to Keep Your Structured Settlement
- Your Need for Cash Now
- Should You Sell Your Settlement? The Experts Weigh In – What Financial Guru Suze Orman Says about Structured Settlement Sales
- What to Expect When You Call for a Quote
- Who is the Largest Buyer of Settlement Payments?
- What Documents Will I Need to Provide?
- Understanding the Judge’s Role
- Five Ways You Can Speed Up the Process
- Be mindful.